Sunday, April 22, 2007

Week in Review

Sunday April 22, 2007 2:21PM

Taking a break at the Autism Fair. It's been a week since my last post but it's to be expected considering the week.

Starting with Monday: We went to the parent support group in Angleton directly after leaving Brandy's work and as we were leaving BACH I noticed we had a flat tire. We ended up driving the 50 or so miles up 288 on a tiny spare at 50 mph. It was 9:30 at night when we finally got home.

On Tuesday: Brandy didn't finish up work until 6PM and only then remembered she was going to try and clear up a tax issue for her grandmother so that took another 2 1/2 hours and we weren't home until 9PM.

Wednesday evening Brandy went to NotSuoH for poetry but first had to accompany her brother to a car dealership to prevent him from making another stupid mistake. I stayed home, ate dinner early, and played with the boys in the backyard until sundown. Wednesday was nice.

Thursday my buddy Kevin and I played 18 holes of golf in La Marque and took way too much time. We didn't finish until 7:30PM and me and Brandy didn't get home until 8:30. It was well worth it, though. I needed the experience and I won't be getting any more opportunities to play during the week. I played bad: I shot a 111 but I progressively got better. Front 9 I shot 25 over par but on the back 9 only 14 over, and four of those were on the 10th hole where I shot a quadruple bogey. The last 8 holes I had 2 double bogeys and 6 bogeys. Much better! Plus I had a couple of 300+ yard drives for the first time. It did wonders for my swing. Which leads me to...

Friday: Played 9 holes after work (my last day at Coffee O!) I warmed up with a bucket of balls and immediately noticed a difference. I shot 3 pars, 5 bogeys, and double bogey'd hole 8 for 7 over; which isn't my best score but close to it. The big improvements were how straight and clean I hit the ball and distance. I dropped 2 or 3 club lengths for most holes. On hole 5 (148 yards to the pin) I used to hit a 5 or 6 iron depending on the wind. Friday I over hit the green with an 8 iron. Now I just need to work on putting. I'm still mostly 2 putting, which is good, but I've missed out on some great opportunities for birdy due to this. Rarily will I sink a putt 5 or more feet from the pin and I want to change that. I need to if I want to lower my scores.

That night was nice as well. We played Scattergories with Brandy's grandmother and she really enjoyed it. It was nice. We should make a game night so she has something social to look forward to besides church. We all had a good time.


Saturday was the best laid back day of all. The weather was beautiful so we spent the whole day in the backyard with the kids. We even ate breakfast outside. I set up the kiddie pool and the kids had a blast just playing with Mommy and Daddy. That night we went to Kevin and Nikki's for a party. Burger's and beer in the backyard with great adult conversation. It was fun and reminds me of how much work we need to do at our house to get it back in shape for our own Spring/Summer evening parties.

That's pretty much it, but a pretty busy week all in all. So far the Autism Fair has been relatively small but it was expected. We're just trying to do as much as possible to get the word out. It's early yet so we'll see how the next couple of hours go.

Tomorrow I start out at MRC and I'll admit I'm a little antsy. I know I'll be fine and it's normal to have jitters before starting a new job. I'll do my best to make a good impression and learn my duties as quick as possible. What else can I do until I've actually got it down? I'm probably more nervous about how the Rockets do in the playoffs this year.

No comments: