Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday Morning

Sunday April 15, 2007 10:10AM

One of the great qualities of having such a large backyard is all the area to practice pitch shots. I'm halfway tempted to install a putting green near the back. Not one of those astroturf kind either, but a real grass sodded putting surface. It can't be that expensive or complicated can it? Keeping it maintained (as well as making sure the kids don't tear it apart after a rain) should be the largest concern. Jerry's right. We should just build our own course.

We went out last night with Brian, Kevin, and Francesca and got in early at about 1:30AM so I decided to watch a little T.V. Once again I fell asleep on the couch! You'd think my body would be screaming at me by now but I actually feel quite refreshed. I woke up at 7AM just before the boys and as soon as they pulled out of the driveway to go to church I fired up the lawnmower and cut the backyard. Hence my pitch shot practice: There's just something about fresh mowed grass that makes me grab my clubs.

I don't know what to make of this new bio-rhythm. Maybe I'm just getting old. Last night made sense. Even if I wasn't tired when I decided to stay up, at least I had been drinking. But all the other nights I just seemed to pass out the moment I got a little peace and quiet. One thing is for sure: even after sleeping on the couch I've been waking up early and feeling refreshed. This weekend I've enjoyed the morning relaxation as opposed to sleeping in until 10 or 11, or worse: having Aidan wake me up at 7:30 after only 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I've been getting up before him.

No comments: