Saturday, April 28, 2007

Week in Review Again

Well, this is getting a little pathetic. I haven't really been online all week and the only computer time I've been getting has been at work. Thus, all of the following journal entries are once again being mass grouped and uploaded at the same time.

At least this time I didn't wait until Sunday to catch up the journal itself!

Monday April 23, 2007 8:22 AM

Well, I got here with plenty of time to spare. I left at 7:35 just in case traffic was stagnate and it was pretty bad but I saw more than a few ways to go around it. The only stretch that you have to suffer through is 288 between Beltway 8 and 610. Still, it wasn't that bad. Tomorrow I don't have to be here until 9:30 so I probably won't leave until 8:30. It's only 15 miles but I'm driving at the wrong time. Hopefully it won't be too bad tonight. 288's eventing rush hour is usually one of the worst but I don't get out until 6:30PM so maybe it will have cleared up by then. We'll see.


Tuesday April 24, 2007 9:21AM

Working 10-6:30 now with a half hour lunch. Yesterday I went in at 8:30 to use the restroom and found out that was when they were expecting me. My recruiter told me 9AM at least twice. I even called to confirm on Friday. Well, I got out at 5PM so it worked out good.

For some reason my badge won't let me into the parking garage today (it worked fine yesterday afternoon) so I hope it doesn't get towed. I'm going to have to stop by HR on my way in to clear it up.

I like the company. There are so many stages to the operation and Joaquin, one of the floor supervisors, was nice enough to give me a full walkthrough. Technically I am a temp hire for 90 days and I got the feeling that he doesn't do that for every new temp but Brian spoke highly of me and he made it clear that he loves what Brian brings to the table. I will not disappoint.

Right now I'm just trying to get myself into the flow of the system. I sat in and saw what I will be doing mostly but they were caught up in our department and behind elsewhere so I pitched in wherever they need me. I'm pretty sure in 90 days I'll be able to walk in and know immediately what I need to get done.



Wednesday April 25, 2007 9:25 AM

I'm digging the new schedule so far. Last night I didn't get out of here until 7PM but Brandy and I got home within 5 minutes of each other. For the most part, I'll be getting home close enough to when I was before when I had to wait for Brandy to finish up. The difference is now I get to spend time with the boys in the morning as well. Aidan and Nina made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and I sat and ate with them after Brandy took Rowan to therapy. I can tell that Aidan loves having me home in the morning. He crawled in bed with me and cuddled after my alarm went off.

With the ability to sleep in I have been staying up late as well. I think I'm going to limit that to when I'm reading a good book, though. I haven't been doing anything other than flipping channels so it's really just wasted time. If I get to bed earlier I can make myself get up early and start charting out a workout routine for myself and Brandy. I need to quit smoking and start running. I'm not getting any younger. At 31 if I don't start healthy habits now I may not be around past 75.

Everytime I light a cigarette Aidan gives me shit. On the one hand it's cute coming from a 4 year old, but I get sharp guilt pangs everytime he says something because it shows how much he loves me and wants me to live forever. When he says it it's not the usual cute kid comment where they say things because they know they'll get a reaction. He says it in full sincerity and honesty. In times like this I can see the future father and future leader he will be. Make no mistake: Anyone who spends a full day with Aidan knows he was born to lead. He reaons out problems and makes firm decisions. The boy is way ahead of his meager 4 1/2 years. I'm a very lucky father.


Friday April 27, 2007 9:31 AM

Friday at last! Yesterday was beautiful, today is nice, and yet it's supposed to rain all weekend. Same story different day right? Arien wants us all to go to the Deep Ella show tonight but no one wants to go. I was trying to talk Jerry into watching Hot Fuzz now that his theater is carrying it. Let's see: spend money for a ticket and drinks to see a show I could care less about or go see a movie I've been waiting for for free. I hope he decides to not go with Arien.

This weekend is going to be a clean house project. We've been slacking at it and can't afford to do anything anyway. Besides, if it rains all weekend we won't have any excuse to ingore the mess in our house. It really isn't that bad but living with two toddlers makes it easy to get trashed and yet makes it that much more important to keep clean. I've been putting off small maintenence issues for awhile and need to get them caught up.

Work is going well. I'm starting to learn where I fit in and where I can contribute. There is always a ton of stuff that needs to be done so I'm never short of finding work. I had an issue with one project yesterday where files were out of order and I didn't catch it until almost leaving but managed to fix the problem and get out at 7PM. Lesson learned. From now on I'll double check everything before I scan it and make sure everything is in the correct order. Come on weekend!




Well, we didn't go to the show or the movie. I ended up getting out of work early so I don't go over 40 hours and Jerry got out early also so we went and played 9 holes of golf!
Great start to a weekend if you ask me :)

No comments: