Friday, August 11, 2006

Update on TSA list...

Last post I was about to board a plane to New England, my how things can change practically overnight. I guess I should include all liquids to the list of unacceptable items.



From the TSA website:

Passengers may experience longer lines at airports and should plan to arrive early. Check with your specific airline and airport before flight departure time to determine how much time is needed for your flight. Passengers should pack their patience and ensure that that they do not bring any liquids to the security checkpoint in carry-on luggage. These items are no longer permitted on board the aircraft. To expedite the process, avoid having clutter in your bags and minimize the number carry-on items

NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE.

SUCH ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

Exceptions: Baby formula and medicines, which must be presented for inspection at the checkpoint.

Beverages purchased in the boarding area, beyond the checkpoint, must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.

Passengers traveling from the United Kingdom to the United States will be subject to a more extensive screening process.

These measures will be constantly evaluated and updated as circumstances warrant.


I brought limited items simply to escape the lengthy routine of checking in bagggage and waiting for it on the conveyer. Well, it appears I'll be leaving my toiletries here and buying new ones when I get home. (They mostly consist of travel sized packages anyway)

Have I mentioned how much I love air travel??

No comments: