Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tuesday & Wednesday

Tuesday May 1, 2007 9:31 AM

Well, I stayed home last night and watched the Rockets take a 3-2 series lead over the Utah Jazz in a closely fought contest. It's been a brutal series. I hope they manage to win in Utah, I don't think they can take much more punishment.


Maybe tonight I'll see if Eric wants to hang out. I'd feel bad not going straight home; I know how much Aidan looks forward to seeing me afterward, but it would make more sense to go straight to Clear Lake after leaving here. I probably won't be getting off until around 7 anyway. I can't even remember the last time he was over our house.


Wednesday May 2, 2007 9:26 AM

I think spending my mornings with Aidan is having a good effect on him. We don't really do anything but talk about stuff but it's the bonding that he really craves. Yesterday I went straight to Eric's house afterwork and Aidan didn't fuss about it. I think it's because we visited in the morning and he knew he'd see me this morning. He crawled in bed and cuddled with me again this morning. Wednesdays he gets even more attention because Brandy takes Rowan to therapy so we get one on one bonding, and then she picks him up from school for some Mommy/Aidan time.

Last night was fun. Eric was nice enough to treat for pizza and we just hung out and played video games. We need some new 2 player games: we've been playing the same 3 games for years now.

This weekend I'm going to concentrate more on getting the house in shape to have people over and maybe I'll invite some people over for dinner. Hell, we haven't had a party in ages.

Work has been going good. We have been so busy. I wish I could find quicker ways to do the same work but you have to be precise. It's ten times as much work trying to fix a problem then it would be to do it right the first time. I'm meeting my benchmarks, as far as I can tell anyway, but I don't think Alex is. It doesn't look like he does much in a day, and I assumed he was doing stuff that wasn't apparent to me, but Priscilla gave us a talk yesterday about making benchmarks so I guess he really is slow about it. All I know is I have to bust ass to work efficiently and accurately in a day but everytime I look at his monitor he seems to be doing something other than what we need to concentrate on. I hope I'm wrong. He's a nice kid.

No comments: