Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ben Glisan Jr. Part II


Yes... that is Ben Glisan arriving for court on Monday. It clearly is not a Starbucks drink in his hand!

Just a quick update on the Ben Glisan situation:

I confronted him about the coffee he was reported to be carrying to the courthouse and he adamantly denied drinking Starbucks. He wanted to make absolute sure that I knew he wasn't cheating on us. And the truth is I would definitely believe a former Enron executive over a National syndicate journalist every day of the week.

Also, Bloomberg reported today that if he testifies truthfully he will be released in September. With that, the following comes from a report filed today at Business Week:

Petrocelli... suggested his testimony was tied to the expectation he could get out of prison early.

"It's not fun," Glisan said of prison. "I would never wish this on anyone. I would very much like to be with my family."

He said he hoped his testimony would "result in some betterment of my situation," but added that a perjury charge could increase his sentence.


And finally... the following pictures are from today where Ben can be clearly seen carrying a Coffee Oasis Jumbo cup:




From Monday, the day of the ABC report...


Tuesday...


Coffee Oasis in the New York Times:


And finally, an artist's version of the cup:


I guess I have a letter to write!

No comments: