Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday April 29, 2007

Sunday April 29, 2007 11:11 AM

Kids are still at church, I’m on the bench swing in the backyard while Brandy makes coffee.

On Friday Jerry and I both shot pretty poorly on our 9 holes of golf. It was our first time playing from the yellow tee boxes but that didn’t affect our scores much. We both played some shitty short game and putted like we’d never dropped a putt before. He ended up one stroke better than me but that’s not saying much.

Last night we ended up playing poker at Rudy and Natalie’s where there was supposed to be 16 people and only 9 of us showed up. SSDD right? We really couldn’t afford the $10 each buy in but coughed it up anyway because we knew that I would win it back. In fact, Brandy ended up playing me heads up for the first place so we didn’t have to sweat out the end. She played really good: conservative when she needed to be; aggressive when she needed to rake chips. I still don’t think Rudy and Natalie realize the skill level involved. They must think I’m pretty lucky to keep winning. ;)

Today we have to take the kids somewhere. We kept them home all day yesterday as we cleaned and they need to get out of the house besides church. At some point we are planning on watching Hot Fuzz with Jerry, Carrie, and Jarrod but I’m not sure if that’s this afternoon or sometime tonight.

Well, I guess it’s time to start enjoying my last day off.

No comments: